HCG 800 Calorie Diet Menu Plan
- 1 Cup of cereal (110 calories per cup: Special K, Total, Cheerios or Chex,1 ½ cup puffed rice) and ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 egg with 2 slices toast (Sara Lee 45 calorie bread)
- 1 hard-boiled egg with low fat yogurt.
Alternatively you may have your fruit portion from lunch for breakfast and then use the two slices bread from option 2 to make a sandwich using 5oz of thinly sliced meat for lunch.
- 5 Ounces of protein (weigh before cooking or use the palm of your hand for size and thickness) from Group #1, 1 vegetable portion from Group #2 or a salad, and 1 fruit from Group #3
- 5 Ounces of protein from Group #1, a side salad (use Waldon Farms or Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vinegar 0 calories), 1 vegetable portion from Group #2, AND 1 fruit portion from Group #3.
How to Arrange Your Meals:
As long as you don’t add any additional foods or combine multiple meals together (i.e. skipping lunch and having it in addition to breakfast or dinner) you may choose whatever foods within a given group to fill your needs or wants. There is some exceptions to this, please check the group’s information section to see what exceptions may apply.
You can move types of food around such as in the breakfast example of swapping the bread with fruit from your lunch.
Seasonings and Condiments:
- Spices may be used.
- NO Fat, OIL or BUTTER may be used.
- Any type of vinegar, lemon or lime may be used liberally.
- Although it is preferred the juice not be more than would be found in a lemon or lime per day.
- Tabasco, soy sauce, picante sauce, horseradish are allowed in moderation. Just make sure there is no sugar in the ingredients.
- Group #1 - The protein group contains the following choices.
- Note that the use of red meat, tuna, or 4 oz Salmon is limited to three times weekly.
- All visible fat must be removed before cooking and the meat must be weighed raw.
- Meats must be cooked without additional fat or oils.
- You may use Pam or similar spray OR I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray only
- Meats can be grilled on a George Foreman grill, baked or broiled. .
- Group #2 - The vegetable choices.
- You may use one cup fresh, frozen or canned vegetables.
- ½ cup of corn, green peas, or carrots may be used once per week.
- Gruop #3 - Your fruit choices.
- Only fresh or frozen fruits may be used. NO CANNED FRUITS ALLOWED.
Here are the food groups in a table to make it easier to read:
|Group #1||Group #2||Group #3|
|White Chicken||Greens||Apples (average)|
|Blue fish||Cucumber||Peaches (large-4 per week)|
|White Fish||Broccoli||Strawberries (12 large)|
|Crab||Lettuce||Plum (large-1 per week)|
|Tilapia||Celery||Raspberries (3/4 cup)|
|Ground Round||Bell Peppers||Blueberries (2/3 cup)|
|Clams (10)||Green Beans||Blackberries (2/3 cup)|
|Veal Chops||Turnips||Grapefruit ½|
|Haddock||Cauliflower||Pineapple (1/2 cup)|
|Oysters (10)||Radishes (15)|
|Sea Bass||Bean Sprouts|